I posted on Instagram a couple days ago that I would be baking up cupcakes and took requests for the flavor. There was overwhelming support lemon/raspberry and raspberry white chocolate. I decided to go my own way with it and so was created the Easy Lemon Cupcake with White Chocolate Frosting topped with a lovely fresh raspberry. I brought these to a gathering and they were a hit!
Lemon Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting(Gluten Free)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/3 cup potato flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 11/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 2 sticks soft butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 16 oz package white chocolate chips
- Fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake tins with papers.
2. In a stand mixer or simply a bowl with a hand mixer beat eggs till thick and creamy, add sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
3. In a small bowl combine flours with baking powder.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to eggs and sugar mixing till just combined.
5. Heat milk not to boiling. Slowly add milk and melted butter till batter has completely combined. Add lemon juice while mixer is on and beat thoroughly on high to prevent any separation.
6. Fill cupcake papers to 3/4 full, this will make about 1 dozen cupcakes.
7. Place cupcake tin in oven and bake approximately 20 minutes or until cakes are golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once you can easily remove cupcakes from tin do so and allow to cool the rest of the way on the counter top.
8. In stand mixer beat softened butter with powdered sugar.
9. Melt white chocolate chips, do this slowly so you don't overcook the chocolate.
10. Add melted white chocolate to butter/sugar mix and beat till combined. At this point your frosting may seize up just a tiny bit, add milk and beat until smooth. You can add more powdered sugar or a but more milk till you reach the desired consistency.
11. Top cooled cupcakes with a small spoonful of lemon curd. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes immediately. I find that the white chocolate frosting becomes stiff once it cools so it is best to decorate with frosting while the frosting is still fresh and soft. Top with a fresh raspberry.
Enjoy! xoxo - Iris