Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gluten Free Gnocchi

I deeply miss real pasta, I have yet to feel truly satiated by any of the faux pasta replacements available on the market for the gluten free consumer. Luckily gnocchi is more of a dumpling so seemed like a fairly easy feat. The first time I made ricotta gnocchi I used primarily potato flour and my gnocchi were a bit like glue balls.

A few days before Christmas I made these. They were delicious! And absolutely for not a second will you miss your days of wheat gluten consumption! My next challenge will be to make pierogis, I do miss those dearly.




  • 1 16oz container ricotta
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/8 cup potato flour
  • 1/8 cup corn starch


1. Mix all ingredients. Dough should stick together and not be too wet or dry. 
2. Divide into four part, roll out into 1/2 inch thick ropes. Use brown rice flour to keep your cutting board not sticky. Cut into one inch pieces. 
3. Bring pot of water to a boil, salt the water. 
4. Gently place gnocchi into water and boil till they float to the surface of the water. 
5. Carefully drain and then serve with sauce of preference. Make sure not to over cook or the gnocchi will fall apart. 
I enjoyed these with a fresh pesto and a tomato sauce topped with grated parmesan cheese but you can serve with water sauce strikes your fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment