Friday, November 15, 2013

GLUTEN FREE THANKSGIVING FOR EVERYONE: THE THANKSGIVING AND HOLIDAY TABLE

My friend Marcos in Chicago who got
his copy right away!
My friend Cristina, another East Coast
friend supporting the book!
I'm really excited that I was able to complete and release my Thanksgiving cookbook just in time for the holidays! It is now available on kindle and in paperback on amazon.com and it has been amazing to see the support I am getting from my friend's on this publication. Gluten Free Cooking for Everyone: The Thanksgiving and Holiday Table  is my first cookbook but trust me not my last! I absolutely loved the process, as I'm sure did all my friends who got to eat many Thanksgiving feasts throughout the seasons in preparation, haha!






The fun part about the book is that I feel it is super accessible to everyone even those who do not have sensitivities because after all the holidays should be about inclusion and therefore I wanted to showcase recipes that everyone could make and enjoy. However if you are someone who has sensitivities I wanted to ensure that meal planning was easy for you too with this great easy to follow key to common dietary restrictions.

 


I'm sure the "gluten free" part goes without saying, but if you are anything like me you enjoy the constant reminder that what you are eating is safe!

Example of interior: click to enlarge.
Above is an example of two interior pages, my wild rice and brown rice pilaf. This is great vegan and gluten free substitute for stuffing as it is rich with herbs and aromatics but contains no dairy, meat or eggs. As you can see I tried to make the recipes as easy as possible to follow that even the cook who only cooks at the holidays should have an easy time following the instructions. 

Well I hope everyone picks up a copy and enjoy their holidays! I know I'm pretty excited for mine. I'll be traveling this year which is going to be a new big challenge in eating and I plan to journal my experiences here, so keep an eye out for that. Travels to begin in a few weeks.

Thank you all for you support, happy and healthy eating! xoxo - Iris







No comments:

Post a Comment