Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Cookies!

I'm fantasizing about all the cookies I'm going to bake for the holidays! Someone mentioned fudge a couple days ago and now I can't get that out of my mind, luckily its naturally gluten free. So some fudge making is definitely going occur.

I found some maple sugar at Trader Joes over the Thanksgiving holiday and made an epic maple cheesecake using maple sugar as the sweetener. It was delightful! I used my standard almond meal based crust on the bottom and there was an all out war for who would get the last slivers. I also discovered the joy of sweet potato pie this Thanksgiving as well.

Its easy to be so excited about the new recipes you come up with that you keep wanting to make them over and over but I think its time for me to wipe the cutting board clear and start inventing some new holiday gluten free cookies!

My first challenge this week is going to be to recreate an old favorite of my mother's, the Archway Merry Mint Cookies. My goal is to not only recreate the cookie but also to do so in a gluten free manner. The Merry Mint cookies were a flakey little shortbread cookie with salty/minty bites of mint chips in them.

The Spokesman Review - November 10, 1987
I will report back on my progress and hopefully have a recipe to share!

xoxo - Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment